Thursday, April 28, 2011
Heart of Georgia Hospice is a non-profit Hospice provider that has been serving the Middle Georgia area for over 26 years. We exist to provide quality end-of-life services to our patients, their families and the community at large, promoting dignity and respect.
1. Graduate of a Master's program in social work (LMSW) accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and licensed/certified by the state.
2. One year experience as a social worker. Previous hospice or homecare experience preferred.
3. Knowledge of the process of death, dying and bereavement.
4. Licensed driver with good driving record and unlimited access to reliable automobile. Ability to travel per job requirements.
5. Schedule flexibility and availability. (Will be "on call" occasionally)
6. Must possess strong communication skills, to include the ability to facilitate grief support group for adults and children.
This person will provide individual counseling and crisis intervention for our patients and families during their most difficult time. Must act as an advocate for patients and families as needed and also assist at times with advance directives, assessing available community resources, etc. Assesses the needs of the patient/family unit, evaluates the family's coping skills, and makes recommendations to the Interdisciplinary Team for necessary interventions. Is supportive to the patient/family throughout active hospice and follows the case for minimum of thirteen months of bereavement after the death of the patient. Leads and facilitates our grief support group as well as our annual "Camp WINGS", a camp for children who have lost a loved one.
Please send or fax a resume to:
Heart of GA Hospice
Attn: Sherry Robinson
103 Westridge Drive
Warner Robins, GA 31088
www.heartofgahospice.org (to print out an application)
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
The Twelfth Annual
Armour Family Therapy
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
9 AM – 4:30 PM
AGAINST THE ODDS:
with Children and
Families of Color
Kenneth V. Hardy, Ph.D
6 Core CEUs (MFT); 6 Related CEUs (SW and PC)
For additional info:
Wednesday, April 06, 2011
NASW Central Georgia Unit
LUNCH 'N LEARN
Mental Health Court: Innovations in Treatment for the Mentally Ill Offender
Greta O'Dell & Mental Health Court Team
River Edge Behavioral Health
Friday, April 15, 2011
Noon to 1:00 PM
Lunch provided by & meeting held at
Coliseum Center for Behavioral Health
340 Hospital Drive Macon 478-741-1355
Confirm attendance ASAP by email
Or call 478-464-8138 Gaye.Ethridge@HCAhealthcare.com