VETERAN’S HEART GEORGIA
- A training in Military Culture and Experience for helping professionals
- A return to where it all began for Veterans and their families
- An opportunity for civilians to encounter the Warrior’s Experience
- Thursday evening September 27 at 7:30pm: an orientation to The Warrior's Journey + meet and greet special guests
- The program on Friday, September 28, begins at 9 am as we begin following The Warrior’s Journeyby attending a ceremony on the base celebrating graduation from Advanced Training prior to assignment.We continue with a panel discussion with a recruiter, a drill sergeant, battalion and brigade commanders, moderated by JOELLEN M. SEFTON, Ph.D. Director, Auburn University Warrior Research Center.
- After lunch and discussion, The Infantry Museum offers virtual experiences for participants that create the opportunity to feel and sense what it is like to go to war.
- Our encounter with The Warriors Journey continues as we explore issues related to the return from service and shifts from the role of Soldier to that of Civilian
Deputy Commander for Behavioral Health,
Fort Belvoir Community Hospital
Early Registration ends August 27
More info: http://www.veteransheartgeorgia.org/event-registration/?ee=8